Woodhall Spa in the Winter Sun

Dear Readers,

We didn't really have much planned for this weekend and had thought we would get those jobs done that we have been putting off such as giving the car a little service and tidying the front of the house up. When we woke up this morning the sun was streaming in through the window and I knew I had to do more than odd jobs today or it would feel like such a waste. We decided to pop over to Woodhall Spa as is our go to option for Sunday outings and we visit regularly. It's such a pretty place to have a stroll around and even though it's a small town there's still a number of nice little shops and places to look around.


We decided to head over to the Petwood Hotel as we have it in mind as a venue for the wedding. There was a large marque erected to the side of the building which we assumed must have been put up for a wedding or other event. In the shade it was so cold yet when standing in the sun if felt almost like a spring day and the Petwood hotel looked beautiful in the bright, clear light.


If you follow my Twitter you may have noticed that I have been watching Father Brown lately on BBC1 and I think it has been influencing my style. My dress was recently bought from a company called Lady Vintage and at only £15 it pretty much had to be bought. The fabric is a little thin but it's better with a slip underneath and even though it is probably more of a summer dress I'm really enjoying wearing something more colourful than just black or grey. I wore it with some thicker tights and my little pumps to try and be a little warmer. My cardigan was a bargain too from British Hearts Foundation only yesterday.


From the Petwood we walked to the High Street and I particularly wanted to visit a book shop. It's called The Book Fayre and as you walk in you are greeted by the smell of printed paper and fresh coffee. There are large windows all along the front so thee place feels bright and spacious even though they have managed to get so much in there. It's a cafe as well as book shop and also stocks a lot of really nice gift items too. As you walk through there's a decent range of new books to browse and also tables dotted to sit with your coffee. Through the back is my favourite part though; a second hand book treasure trove. Every time I have been there I have found something I just had to buy like the collection of Marguerite Pattern war time cookery books and the vintage needlework book. This time I got my hot little hands on the Wartime Farm book in hardback and very good condition. I love the Wartime Farm series and last Christmas I even made the Mock Turkey recipe that was shown on the show only I adapted it to make it vegetarian.

From the Book Fayre we popped next door to have some lunch at the Lancaster Inn. We decided to sit in the front to eat as in there too it was bright and airy. Lunch was lovely and the service was really friendly too so I'm sure we will be heading back there at some point. After lunch we were too full for dessert which was a shame as there were some very tempting but we still needed something sweet so we stopped off at the sweet shop before heading home. What have you done with your Sunday? Was it action packed or nice and relaxed? Whatever you have done today I hope you had a lovely time.

ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment